January Favourites!


So this is my first post of 2014... Happy new year! It's extremely delayed as I've been so so busy so sadly I had to abandon my blog for a while whilst I got exams, deadlines etc out of the way! However I'm now back and have so many posts ready to write which will hopefully be useful for you all! I've never actually done a monthly favourites post but I always love reading them so I decided I'd start the year with a January favourites! 



The first product is my new holy grail, it's possibly one of the best makeup items from a drugstore I've used and I'm completely obsessed! The product is Bourjois Bronzing Primer, it was recommended to me by a fellow blogger (completely forgotten who, sorry!) It's basically an exact dupe for Soleil Tan De Chanel, on the back of the pot it says 'wear alone or under foundation or powder'. I use this item two different ways, firstly and mainly I use it for contouring my face. A small amount goes a long way with this, I use it on my cheeks, temples and nose and blend it with a real techniques buffing brush. Secondly if I am going out on a night and have tanned I will use a small amount of this mixed into my foundation to make my face match the rest of my body and basically use it as a face tan rather rather than applying fake tan to my face which usually makes me break out. I've been looking for the perfect contouring drugstore product for ages and this is definitely it. Because it's a mouse it blends so so easily and feels so light on the skin and really helps give more definition to the face. I honestly can't recommend it enough and if you like the Kim Kardashian contoured face then this a product you definitely need!


Next up is my new favourite lip products. First of all starting with lip liner, I have loved nude full lips as seen on Ciara and Khloe Kardashian and wanted to get my hands on a lip liner which I could use to achieve this look so I discovered Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lipliner in shade 'Tiramisu'. It's a very dark nude which when teamed with Macs 'Myth' creates the perfect nude full lip. The bonus to this is that it's so cheap at £2.99 so I'm definitely going to be repurchasing this over and over again.


Secondly continuing with the lip products are my two new lipsticks, Macs 'Morange' and 'Rebel. Both are really popular shades from Mac and I've been wanting them for so long but just never got round to buying them. Luckily they were in my stocking on Christmas day and I haven't stopped wearing them (not at the same time obviously). Morange is described as a 'Loudmouth Orange' whilst Rebel is said to be a 'Midtonal Cream Plum'. After seeing Kylie Jenner sporting a very dark purple lip I was set on finding the perfect purple and rebel is exactly that whilst Morange is the perfect orange toned red and goes very well with Blonde hair!


This next product is more of an all round favourite rather than a January favourite but because I received another bottle for Christmas I thought I'd add it in anyway. Anyone who knows me well will know I've always loved Victoria's Secret, particularly the scents. Love Spell has been one of my signature scents for ages and for Christmas my friend Hannah got me a bottle of the Love Spell Eau De Toilette which lasts alot longer than the standard body sprays. It's a fruity smell with Cherry Blossom and Peach and smells so refreshing.


And finally another perfume,Juicy Couture Eau De Parfum . It's a perfume I've loved for years but I forgot about it for a bit and finally repurchased another bottle and now I remember why I loved it so much. The scents actually quite difficult to describe but its very distinct and has notes of watermelon, mandarin, pink passion fruit and green apple. It's £61.50 for 100ml but its such a long lasting perfume that it's definitely worth the price and is a perfume I'll continue to use forever.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for you comment on my blog lovely :) I'm a new follower of yours! Love those lipsticks. I really need to update my lipstick collection! xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous20:20

    So many great products, fab post doll :)x

    The Belle Narrative - Enter my fabulous MAC Makeup Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the Bourjois Bronzing Primer, amazing product:) x

    www.thebeautymist.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good products! I love the colors of de lipstick! ♥

    http://finddyourway.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great favourites, them lipstick shades are gorgeous and I completely agree with the Bourjois bronzing primer and JC perfume - they're some of my faves too. Fab post!!

    www.hbbeautyblog.co.uk

    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice favourites!

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same juicy couture perfume I got it for my birthday a few years ago its a great perfume :)

    Kayla
    Sheer Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Bourjois Bronzing Primer too. I use it every single day :) I like to use mine before I put on my foundation all over my face so that when I apply my foundation, I look a little more tanned. It goes really nicely with the Healthy Mix Serum from Bourjois if you're looking for a combination :)
    I can't wait for your next post and hope to speak soon,
    Laura xx

    http://lisforladybird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.