December Highstreet Favourites

Above is my inspiration mood board for this season! 

Whilst searching the internet endlessly for ideas of what I want for Christmas, I've come across a few pieces from various stores which I loved so thought I'd feature them on a 'December High-street Favourites' post. Right now I'm absolutely loving fur, sequins, black & white, leather and lace so I've gathered a few of my favourite pieces inspired by all the above.

The white blazer is a classic wardrobe staple, so versatile and can instantly make a very basic outfit look 10x more sophisticated and elegant. It was a key look in summer and its making a return for winter, perfect for keeping warm on a night out aswell!

Everyone I know including myself has been searching for the perfect black fur gilet this winter, and up until now I couldn't seem to find one I liked anywhere. Mango have created the perfect, simple fur gilet. Although personally I would remove the belt as I feel it makes it look abit cheap, but aside from that it's a great price and makes an outfit look alot more expensive! 

I've always had a love/hate relationship with sequin jackets, personally I'm not a fan of bright silver and gold sequin jackets. probably just because I really cant pull them off. However this jacket by River Island is more subtle but still oozes glamour and would be perfect with an LBD.

Again like the fur gilet, finding the perfect fur jacket is always difficult. Usually I head straight to Topshop to look for one as they usually always deliver but this year their range was very limited so I headed onto the Mango website and discovered this one. It's very simple but teamed with black riding boots, it's sure to keep you warm and cosy throughout the whole of winter.


This Zara turtle neck has been raved about by everyone and I totally understand why, it's the perfect shade of grey and it's so comfy and soft. One of the most annoying things is when you find a nice jumper but it's that horrible itchy material... thats certainly not the case with this jumper. I'd definitely recommend getting this jumper, its the perfect turtle neck!

Topshop's knits this A/W have been pretty good, particularly their cropped fluffy knits in an array of colours. My personal favourite is this pink knit, fitting in perfectly with the ongoing pastel pink trend. It's so so soft and one of the great things is that it doesn't lose its softness after being in the wash.

I'm obsessed with Lace and everywhere seems to be doing these lace trimmed slip style dresses. This one is from Oh My Love with a scoop neckline and lace trim it is so so simple but such a classy, feminine dress. It would also go perfectly with the white blazer or sequin jacket featured above!

A white Ralph Lauren shirt is a classic, and something which everyone should have in their wardrobe. It's the perfect white shirt, comfortable, soft and effortlessly stylish. Although it is quite pricey, and there probably are many cheaper alternatives this one is definitely worth the money as its such good quality and so versatile.


I love this skirt so much, I think with tanned legs it would look insane! It would also team very well with the white blazer and a cami for a perfect chic look on a night out. It's by River Island and various pale shades of sequins in a mosaic design, the best part of it is the price...only £35! I'm definitely going to be purchasing this as it will  be perfect for a Christmas or NYE party!

Another lace trim piece, this time by Zara, this lace miniskirt is a subtle updated twist on the classic miniskirt. It's perfect for daytime teamed with tights, and also bare legs so the lace trim is more visible. At only £35.99 this skirt is the perfect staple for your winter wardrobe.

Last winter velvet was one of the biggest trends, and although it hasn't had quite as big of a comeback this A/W velvet is still creeping through on certain items in stores. This wrap skirt is by Missguided and definitely reminds me of something Kylie Jenner would wear. It's also on sale right now for  £5.99 and comes in navy, plum & burgundy.

Zara created a storm with their skort this summer, everyone had one or wanted one. They've now updated it with leather for this season, (have a read of my previous post on leather skirts here). Shorts at the back, a skirt at the front, this 'faux leather skirt' as Zara are advertising it as, is the perfect twist on the current leather skirt amongst the highstreet.

3 comments:

  1. Nice post love reading it
    <a href="http://www.leathernxg.com/12-mens-leather-pants>leather pants</a>

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.