The Perfect Pout for Valentines Day

Since Valentines day is approaching and red is the colour of love I thought it would be fun to write about getting the perfect red lip ahead of the big day. Personally wearing a red lip is one of my favourite make up looks and I wear it quite a lot but it would be perfect for Valentines day, whatever it is you may be doing for it. I've rounded up four of my favourite red lip products that are my essentials for getting the perfect pout, 3 of the products are under £5 which makes it even better!

This is Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lipliner in Red Dynamite (£2.99) and is my favourite lip liner. I use it as both a lip liner and to colour my lips for a matte bright red finish. This pencil has lasted me so long bearing in mind I use it regularly & it lasts on the lip so long, typically it only needs reapplying/topping up once or twice throughout the day. I'm a massive fan of Rimmels lip liners and this one definitely won't let you down!


Next is one of my favourite lipsticks of all time, Mac Morange (£15), I featured it in my January Favourites because it's such a pretty orange/red. It's highly pigmented and sometimes if I want to make it look a tad more red I'll wear it with some of my Rimmel Lip Liner blended in. At £15 it's the most expensive of these four however a little goes a long way and it's definitely worth every penny!


As you can tell, this next lipstick has had alot of wear. It  is Barry M Lip Paint in 151 (£4.49), a longwearing, very bright red. This colour goes perfect with the Rimmel Lip Liner and together they create a full plump red lip. The price is so good for such a good quality lipstick, I'd definitely recommend checking out all the other shades Barry M have to offer aswell as they're all such pretty shades!

Finally this is Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Big Bang (£4.99), a highly pigmented lip gloss which leaves a really nice stain on the lips once the gloss has worn off. This gloss isn't sticky whatsoever and is infact quite creamy which makes it super easy to apply with the foam applicator. 'Big Bang' is a classic red and is definitely one of the best red glosses on the market!











Top swatch with flash, bottom without. Top-Bottom: Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lipliner in Red Dynamite, Mac Morange, Barry M 151, Rimmel Apocolips in Big Bang.

19 comments:

  1. I have Apocalips in Big Bang such a nice bright red, love it! Love your blog!

    http://clothing-conscious.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need the Apocalipsis in Big Bang one! x

    http://definitelymycupoftea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rimmel London Lipliner in Red Dynamite is my favourite lipliner of all time. I've had mine for ages and use it on a regular basis too and it still looks like it's brand new.

    Raise The Waves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post!
    I follow! follow me back? xx
    http://cuteyoungblood.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Loving the colors <3 Emily

    http://theskinnybyemily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:09

    I'm a sucker for red lipstick. I've also nominated you to take part in the Liebster Awards of blogging newbies. Check out the rules on my blog www.belllarocha.blogspot.co.uk

    Joela Rocha x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh just love a red lip! So pretty and sophisticated! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous22:34

    Fab post doll :) I've just bought a lip lacquer from the Apocalips range, looking forward to trying it now :)x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful picks for Valentines day just love the #1st one x

    www.krystelcouture.com
    Damaris £100 Lingerie Giveaway! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. All perfect for Valentine's Day! I love the Rimmel Apocalips laquers. x

    The Beauty Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous08:46

    Really beautiful shades of red for Valentine's Day!

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
  12. pretty colors!!! :)


    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never tried the Apocalips, shame on me.

    www.womanouk.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. They all look stunning, especially big bang! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll need to give rimmel another whirl!
    Make sure to check out my blog:

    MAJOTRON.BLOGSPOT.CO.UK

    ReplyDelete
  16. That mac lipstick is a great colour! Thanks for commenting on my blog! Xx
    Www.milimola.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love MAC MORANGE!!! One of my fave lipsticks ever! Great post!

    Kal x
    clutteredcloset.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty shades (:


    http://hollybumblebeee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.