Top 3 Best Drugstore High Coverage Foundations

Personally I prefer high coverage foundations as they cover absolutely everything and usually there's no need for concealer. Some are slightly too heavy for everyday wear however can easily be worn lighter by mixing in moisturiser. Lots of people tend to presume high coverage foundations are only available from higher end brands such as MAC etc, and whilst these brands do great  foundations there are definitely a few drugstore ones that are just as good for half the price!


This one by Rimmel is one of my favourites for everyday. I would say it's medium-full coverage, definitely buildable to achieve the perfect coverage.  It retails at £7.99 which is very cheap compared to higher end brands. The one downfall to this foundation would be the colour range,  I'm naturally pale so need paler shades. I bought '100 Ivory' which is rather dark to say its the second lightest shade in the range. The only ways to get away with it is to blend it fully all the way down the neck or fake tan so it blends better. It is a great foundation though and does last all day... I wouldn't say it lasts 25 hours like the name states but wear with a good primer and you'll barely need to touch up!

One of my more recent purchases, but so far I love it! It seems to be a very popular foundation and I decided to buy it after seeing Lauren Curtis use it as her everyday foundation and it looked flawless! I did stupidly buy mine a bit too dark so I need to go pick up a lighter one but it works well when I'm tanned so I will still get use out of it. The consistency was a lot lighter than I expected, I thought it would be rather thick after seeing how good the coverage was on others. That's what I like about it, you barely need any to achieve a flawless finish.

Revlon PhotoReady Foundation £12.99
This is a foundation I've repeatedly used for years but I must admit I haven't used it these past few months, purely down to trying so many new foundations I forgot about this one! Having said that, it is a really nice foundation with good coverage that doesn't look cakey. There's also light reflecting particles which give a nice dewy glow to the skin, so if that's the look you're after definitely purchase this! One thing I definitely would say is wear this with a good primer as it isn't the best for staying put all day!


4 comments:

  1. Love your blog, I am temptep to try the L'Oréal one but I am not sure if there is a good color match for me.

    By the way, I have nominated you for The Liebster Awards if you are interested, you can found it out in leblogdemimipompon.blogspot.com.es.

    - Mimi Pompón

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really only wear full-coverage or medium-buildable coverage foundation, saves you spending ages concealing every dot of redness in the morning! I must try the Rimmel one, I've heard s much good things about it.

    I have a beautiful Benefit makeup set to give away on my blog, I'd love if you could have a look! It contains the infamous "They're Real" mascara, what more could a girl want?

    www.pookybanana.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous13:25

    Nice blog dear!

    http://lapetitetasse.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love 2 3 really nice :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.