Top 3 Apps for Fitness/Weightloss

Since leaving Uni and being stuck in absolute rut with my body, I decided it was time to make a drastic change. I knew if I were to lose weight it would have to be a lifestyle change as in previous years I relied on calorie counting which is so not the way to do it as one bite of something considered 'a treat' and all the weight goes back on. I decided to begin by ordering myself a Breville Blend Active, which FYI is incredible. Every morning I have a smoothie/juice whether it be berries with kale and soya milk or simply a banana & soya milkshake, i'll be posting lots of recipes on here soon so you can try them yourself. Luckily I have a lot of exercise machinery at home which allows me to be able to work out every evening in the comfort of my own home, but if you don't have access to a gym or workout pieces I've found the best apps which I also use on a daily basis to help with your fitness. I now workout at least 6 times a week, usually I try do an hour/ hour and a half a day. Alongside my workouts I have a Vanilla Protein World Slender Blend shake which is a low calorie protein shake containing green tea extract and guarana extract. This gives me so much energy and is perfect alongside a healthy diet and good fitness routine. So far i've lost 10lb in just over 2 weeks, which I couldn't have done without my trusty iPhone apps.

This is a hugely popular app in the world of dieting/fitness, I literally use this 24/7 logging every single thing I eat and drink and any exercise I do. It also tracks your steps which is an added bonus. You begin by entering your weight then everytime you drop a pound or more you log it in and track your progress, you also get to see how many calories you should be having a day and how many you have left after everything you eat. This app has been key to my weightloss as it really makes you weary of what you're eating, however if you do slip up one day (everybody does) do make sure to log it in, as the app shows every single gram of fat, sugar etc so hopefully it will help you from over indulging again.



This app is perfect for anyone who doesn't access to a gym, you can personalise your workouts so it caters to you. You simply select the part of your body you want to work out,  you can choose from cardio, yoga, strength and stretching then you set your time limit, meaning you could do a high intensity 10 minute workout or a slower, relaxed hour workout. My favourite thing about this app is not only does it tell you what the next move in the workout is, it shows you a person doing this move so you can copy easily and go along the whole workout with ease.

Pedometer ++

Since I got a new job its meant I walk 10x more than I did before, my job requires speed walking for a good 3/4 hours straight and then I walk home which is uphill so it all pays off. I also used to be one of those who got an uber every single day but i'm trying to walk places a lot more as it stops me feeling lazy and saves money! I like to track how many steps I do a day on this app and also see how many calories i've burnt. My Fitness Pal also tracks steps however I feel Pedometer is slightly more accurate so I use this more. You should aim to do at least 10,000 steps a day, anymore is a bonus.

I'll be posting a few more pieces on my new healthy lifestyle including what i'm eating, workout gear and other exercise. Do you have any tips? Leave a comment below!




3 comments:

  1. fitness pal is a must for everyone :)

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool apps.
    I have tried using nike app.
    Great to know

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin| Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post, love it! Already used My Fitness Pal which I love, going to give the other two a go! :) Elle du Jour xxx

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.