SELF LOVE




Self-love is something that a lot of people preach.. but don't practice. After these past few months, i've realised self-love is so so so important and should be at the forefront of your mind. Even something as simple as taking time out to relax, have a bubble bath and read a book, it will help you take some time to enjoy your own company and be at peace. However, the point of this post is to think of the bigger picture and steps, particularly as it's a strange time of the year when the seasons are transitioning and people, particularly my age group, are settling into adult life.

CAREERS
One thing which I've had a lot of people ask me about is advice on careers and deciding what to do with your life. I for one know how hard it is to completely dedicate myself to one specific career path. I went to Uni to study Fashion Communication with the hope of being a beauty editor for a national magazine, now I've graduated and I'm training and working towards being a radio/TV presenter. Don't be too hard on yourself if you've found you have left uni/school and have absolutely no idea what you want to do, most people I know feel like this at the minute so you're not alone. Take time to focus on yourself for a while, discover what it is you love to do, make a list of everything you enjoy and are talented at and see what careers could stem from those. One of the best pieces of advice I have been given was to dip your feet in different things until you discover the one you love, essentially that's what I did and is how I found myself working towards Radio. It's definitely easier said than done, and it's a lot of hard work, you're probably gonna be broke for a while but for your own sanity, don't force yourself into a job you hate and will inevitably regret.

LETTING GO OF PEOPLE
This topic is so so crucial to my life right now, letting go of people that aren't good for you. I used to be one of those people who made an effort with absolutely everyone and constantly wanted to make sure everyone around me was okay, but when you realise people don't check for you like you check for them, it's time to cut them off. I honestly would rather have 4 good friends that I can trust than 100 'friends' who don't bother or care about me. Especially at this point in my life where I'm so busy and don't have as much time to actually see my friends, it really shows who cares about you and wants you to succeed. My girls know who they are, and they're literally my family and I couldn't imagine my life without them. Anyone else who generally just has negative vibes and a rubbish approach to life, I don't have time for basically. The same stands for relationships, if you're not happy or someones not treating you with the respect you know you deserve, let go because within time you will realise it's for the best and you'll be so much happier and content with life.

FOCUSING ON YOURSELF
Lastly, the most important part of this whole post, focusing on yourself. I genuinely used to hate being on my own, I always wanted company or to be out doing something, but now I bloody love my own company. I'm only 20 years old but I feel like my mindset has changed so much and I've matured so much this past year. I'm so focused on my career and being successful right now rather than going out everyday wasting my money and doing nothing to contribute to my goals. I cannot explain how important it is to focus on yourself, whether that be taking up a new hobby, exploring your talents or just improving your lifestyle. Something as simple as changing your skin routine will improve your confidence and give you time to pamper yourself. I've begun reading more books about the law of attraction and embracing positivity and already I can feel a difference within myself. One book which I cannot recommend enough is the bestseller 'The Power Of Now', it's really cheap to buy and is a book I'd recommend to everyone. It touches on subjects like moving on, finding inner peace, embracing everything that's going on in your life and more.

So, stop wasting your time on things/people that aren't contributing anything to your life/wellbeing and continue to learn to embrace positivity. Don't forget to take the time to focus on yourself because once you're at peace with yourself, everything else around you in life will begin to fall into place. Stop worrying about what anyone else thinks, it's so so important to realise the only opinion that matters is your own!

SaveSaveSaveSave

3 comments:

  1. Great blogpost, I could relate to every single thing you mentioned it's actually crazy. I am also working towards becoming a radio presenter and want to learn more about the law of attraction

    ReplyDelete
  2. we can only begin with our-self if we want everything in order...
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    instagram @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.