I DIDN'T EAT FOR FOUR DAYS?!...



Okay so as the title says, it's true, I didn't eat for four whole days... and it wasn't actually that bad! The reason? I tried my first ever juice cleanse, courtesy of Juicy Tox. The cleanse I tried was the Platinum one which lasts for four days, and requires you to drink 6 juices throughout the day as well as starting the day off with a shot of ginger. The best thing about this cleanse was the variety of flavours, some were nicer than others but overall, they tasted so much nicer than I expected. I'm gonna go into a brief outline of each flavour and how the cleanse made me feel overall, as well as explaining the benefits of doing these type of cleanses as I know there's a lot of speculation as to whether they actually work. The delivery of the juices is split up between a delivery on Tuesday and another on Thursday meaning the juices are extremely fresh and this is what makes Juicy Tox so unique.



So, first things first, you start each day off with a shot of ginger. As soon as I opened the shot, the smell was so strong and not gonna lie, I was scared of how it was going to taste. However, the way this woke me up, it was like having 5 shots of sambuca, within 2 mins of the shot I felt ready to go and crack on with the day. I actually preferred this over my usual tea/coffee as it worked a lot faster and better.

Onto the first drink, which features twice daily in the cleanse, Green Supreme. This was my least favourite flavour overall, the ingredients contain Spinach, Kale, Pineapple, Pear, Cucumber, Celery, Lime and Wheatgrass which are all things I love. However, the cucumber was way too overpowering and I ended up having to hold my nose and down the drink. This obviously is just personal preference, some people may absolutely love the taste of cucumber and love this drink, but for me it just wasn't the one. 

Citrus Gold, which includes Grapefruit, Tumeric, Carrot, Pineapple, Red Maca & Ginger. Originally, when I saw it had Tumeric in I was apprehensive of how it was going to taste but I must admit after 2/3 sips, the drink begins to grow on you and actually tastes really nice and refreshing. The ginger gave another kick aswell and you still tasted the sweetness of the pineapple and grapefruit.

 Sexy Berry may have been one of the nicest juices I've ever tasted. It was so sweet and full of flavour, I wish I could drink this every day. I was really intrigued by some of the ingrediants as it includes, Strawberries, Pineapple, Avacado, Chia Seeds, Coconut Oil and finally... Bee Pollen!

Peatroot Passion, this drink was a strong deep purple colour and originall I thought it was going to be really sweet however the beetroot was slightly too overpowering but mellowed down after a few sips. The ingrediants include Beetroot, Watermelon, Pomegranate and Pea Protein!

Cashew Mylk, another one of my favourites, this was so creamy and tastes just like a milkshake - which is even better when you know its healthy. The ingrediants include Cashews, Dates, Cinamon, Vanilla, Sea Salt, Cacao, Cacao Nibs. This is one of the drinks for the evening and is the perfect treat after a day of fruit & veg type juices.

So.... did it work?
The craziest part about drinking these juices, was that I had waaaay more energy than I usually have when I'm eating food. I really thought I was going to struggle and feel really slumped and hungry, but honestly the juices fill you up so much. One thing I would note, is because of how often you need to have these juices, I'd recommend only doing the cleanse over a duration of days that are pretty quiet in your schedule. I did the cleanse when I was travelling between cities which made it alot harder and meant I was having to carry round loads of drinks in my bag. Overall, I lost just under 5lbs and felt alot more refreshed and generally healthier. I feel doing a cleanse like this every few months could be a good idea to clear the body of toxins and refresh!

The cleanses are available to purchase here - https://www.juicytox.co.uk and using my discount code 'sasch10' you will receive 10% off!
SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. Your articles help us realize that our problems are typical, and we can solve them in constructive ways. Thank you and keep these good articles coming.
    My website:Splashbacks Glass UK

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.