What's In My October Make Up Bag

I've always loved watching YouTube videos and reading blog posts of 'what's in my bag' and 'what's in my make up bag' that I decided I'd do a post on it myself. The contents of my make up bag changes monthly, from changing shades in foundation to different lipsticks. I usually match my make up to the season and seen as it is now Autumn it's time to use more matte products and introduce darker lipsticks to my collection.


My make up bag is pretty plain, it's just a creamy leather zipped bag by Chloe which I've had for a few years. The contents of my make up bag consists of a variety of drugstore and high end products, this make up bag isn't my only make up I do have a huge vanity case full of different foundations, mascaras, lipsticks etc but the products in this bag are what I tend to use on a daily basis.


Primer
Originally I used ELF's mineral primer but after I ran out of my last bottle I never got round to purchasing a new one, however my friend got me a primer from the Victoria's Secret make up range in NYC and its honestly one of the best products I've used. The texture is so so silky and it feels like heaven on your skin, the only downside is that it's not available in the UK!
Foundation
I have different foundations for day & night, this month my daytime foundation is Rimmels 25 hour Lasting Finish Foundation in Ivory which is one of the best  drugstore foundations I've used. Although it definitely does not last 25 hours it does tend to last all day and the coverage is amazing. My other foundation which I use if I'm going out on a night is Estee Lauder double wear, I do use this foundation during the day sometimes if I'm not at school or work but I tend to mainly use it for evening events. Before I first purchased this I had read a mixture of reviews, some raving about it and some hating it. Personally it's the best foundation I've used, it has the best coverage and lasts for absolutely ages.

Concealer
For concealer I swear by Mac's Studio Finish Concealer, it has the best coverage and because its a cream its so easy to blend. I do love the highly buzzed about concealer by Collection 2000 but that drys very fast so I mainly use my Mac ones (I use a NC15 for under eye & NC20 for everything else).


Powder
I use two powders, ones yellow and the other is just a normal powder. I purchased the E.L.F yellow powder after hearing that Kim Kardashian used yellow powder on her skin, it has  to be used lightly otherwise you will end up resembling Homer Simpson however after applying it leaves such a flawless finish on your skin everyone seriously needs to try it. The other powder I use is the classic MAC mineralize skin finish in Light, although this powder is a tad pale for I tend to use it under my eyes and down my t-zone to brighten my face.


Mascara
For years I've sworn by Macs Zoom Lash and Clinique Lash Doubling mascara until I decided to try something new. I opted for Benefits they're real mascara and I'm currently wondering why I have never used this before, it is AMAZING. Literally the best mascara ever, I now understand why it's the UK's number 1 best selling mascara! (This is just a sample size, currently waiting for my delivery of a full size one!)

 Bronzer
I've always struggled finding the perfect bronzer, trying to get one that has no shimmer in and also doesn't come out orange is a difficult task. I recently got a No7 palette which had a tray of blushers, powder and bronzer, the bronzer is just the standard dual bronzing powder which they do sell separately. It is matte and quite good but isn't the best bronzer I've used. One new product which I'm in the process of testing is Bourjois bronzing primer, its pretty much a Soleil Tan De Chanel dupe, so far its very good! If you know of any good bronzers please comment below as I want to try a new one! 



Lipsticks/Gloss


I tend to always wear lipstick, the majority of my friends don't but you will always find me constantly reapplying it during the day. I just feel slightly naked and bare without it on and I think it completely changes the way you look. I vary between four shades, a nude (Mac Myth), a bubblegum pink (Mac Saint Germain), a darker pink (Sephora Life in Pink) and finally a berry shade (MUA Wild Berry). In terms of lip gloss I usually stick to Pink and clear plumping ones like the ELF one pictured, however for my birthday my best friend got me this gorgeous coral lipglass from MAC which is so pretty I love it.


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous08:56

    I really want to try out that MAC concealer, I too find the collection lasting perfection one too drying on my skin especially during A/W. And I love Benefit they're real, it's just too good I agree!
    I love reading what other people have in their makeup bags! :)

    Kathryn
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant recommend the MAC concealer enough its honestly amazing! They're real is simply amazing! x

      Delete
  2. Anonymous14:20

    I love the lipsticks! great post dear :)

    http://thepink-lipstick.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog! I love 'whats in my bag' posts - such a good way to have a nosy! X

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.