NYC Makeup Haul

So if you follow me on twitter or read my last blog post you'll know I've been in the New York over the half term and now I'm back it's time to fill you all in on what I got! I went with a list of makeup that I wanted to buy whilst I was over there as it's alot cheaper and there were a few brands that we can't get here in the UK. I did also get some items of clothing and jewellery but the majority of the things I bought were makeup products. Sephora is one of my favourite shops ever and with one on every street corner I ended up getting quite a bit from there, also I got a few bits from MAC and also tracked down a store called Ricky's in Soho which stocked NYX which is a brand I've wanted to try for a while.
Sephora

Naked Pallette- So I gave in and bought a Naked Palette, the first one to be precise. I've never actually been that fussed about getting one even though I do love my eye shadows, I don't really know why but I've got quite a few dupe palettes that served me just as well so I never thought to buy one but then since I was in the States and it worked out a little bit cheaper I thought why not and ended up getting it. The colours are all so pretty and I know I'll use every single one, I kinda wish I'd have bought the Naked 3 Palette too but oh well I can always just buy that over here. 

Urban Decay Primer Potion- So staying with the eyes, I got a tube of the primer potion, obviously you get a little pot with your Naked Palette but in Sephora they have loads of miniature products near the tills and I spotted this Primer Potion for about $12. Originally I thought it was a full size tube but it turns out its actually a bit smaller but you still  get alot of product and for only $12 I couldn't really say no.

OCC Lip Tar in Hush- This is a product I've wanted for sooo long and if there was one thing I was definitely going to purchase it was this. I've seen these everywhere on websites like tumblr, weheartit etc and the shade hush is the perfect pinky nude. They're so highly pigmented and long wearing, I don't really know why I only got one shade but when I next visit a Sephora I'm definitely going to be stocking up on these. 

Make Up Forever Aqua Lip Liner in '16C'- After watching Tar Mars 'NYC Haul' and seeing her talk about alot of purply/pink lip colours I decided I really wanted to find some brighter lip products and in the Make Up Forever section I came across this really pretty lip liner, its quite similar to 'Magenta' lip liner by Mac and is so nice worn all over the lip. Also it's waterproof so it lasts so long and stains the lip which personally I really like.

Porefessional- I got the benefit Porefessional for my mum, but it was a product I did want to try myself so I've ended up using it aswell, it makes my skin feel so soft and makes my makeup go on so much smoother. I've definitely noticed it helps hold my makeup and smooths out imperfections and pores on my face.

Smashbox Primer- When you spend over $150 and have a Sephora beauty insider card you get to redeem points on a mini sample size product so I decided to choose the Smashbox primer just because its such a well known product I thought id try it incase I want to purchase the full size one. I've only used it once but I really liked the way it made my skin feel and it did help with keeping my makeup on longer, so far so good!

MAC

Prep & Prime Highlighter in Light Boost- This is a product I've seen so many people use for highlighting Kim K style and I've wanted to get my hands on it for ages. It definitely makes a difference and completely brightens the face which works perfectly with my Bourjois bronzing primer which I wrote about in my 'January Favourites' post. 

Prep and Prime Skin Base Visage- This is basically a primer but compared to primers like the Smashbox one that usually feel like a serum the texture of this one is more creamy, almost like a moisturiser. Out of all 3 face primers I got I think this is the best as prolonging my makeup on my face and a little goes such a long way so its definitely worth the money. One of my favourite things about this is that it has highlighting pigments which come through slightly on your foundation giving you a natural healthy glow. 

Eyeshadow in Omega- Like I wrote in my 'Mac Wishlist' I said I'd wanted 'Omega' after seeing it in alot of Tanya Burr's tutorials, turns out its the perfect shade for my brows so I'm so glad I bought it! In the pan it looks quite light which worried me at first but its buildable and comes out darker than it appears thankfully.

Studio Fix Fluid NC20- Whilst I was in the States I was wearing Double Wear by Estee Lauder and it was getting to the point where I didn't even want to see my reflection during the day because the foundation had cracked and looked well and truly awful so I headed straight to MAC and bought a  bottle of studio fix because I knew my shade and that I liked the coverage. To be honest I don't know why I didn't take studio fix out with me anyway but I'd just bought a new double wear for the trip so thought I'd take that instead... however I now swear by studio fix!

Satin Lipstick in 'Myth'- This is my favourite nude lipstick and my other Myth was starting to run out so I got another back up one. If anyone's on the look for a perfect nude lipstick, I cannot recommend this one enough I've used it for years now and it's never let me down.

Ricky's

NYX HD Photogenic Concealer in Yellow- I spotted this just after I'd bought my 'Light Boost' from MAC and noticed it was very similar to got this to compare. This is a bit more yellow toned compared to the MAC product but cancels out redness perfectly and for $6 it was such a bargain!

NYX Xtreme Shine Lip Cream in 'Dolly Girl'- This lip cream is something that was on my shopping list I'd wrote before I left, it's a berry/pink shade and is so highly pigmented its incredible. It works really well with the Make up Forever lip liner too and makes my lips look so full and plump. 

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in 'London'- At first site you may wonder why a pale blonde like me would want a dark nude verging on brown shade like this but trust me its so nice! Recently I've been loving a dark nude lip and this is basically the same colour as my Rimmel lip liner in Tiramisu. It also goes so nicely with my Mac Myth lipstick and again makes my lips look so full which I love.

NYX Lip Liner in 'Dolly Pink'- This is pretty much a liner version of MAC Saint Germain Lipstick, which is a really bright barbie pink. I love pink shades particularly bubblegum pink and this is the perfect shade, I'll use this both to colour in my full lips and also with my Saint Germain.

NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe/Ash- I spotted this out of the corner of my eye and thought I'd give it a try, the bonus to it is that it comes with a brow wax which helps keep brows in place which I thought was a nice addition to the palette. It comes with two shades of shadow, I chose the 'Ash/Taupe' colours as I naturally have light brown/ashy blonde brows so thought these shades would match well, I haven't used this properly yet but I swatched the colours on my hand and they're buildable which I prefer rather than overly pigmented products for the brows. 

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 'Yogurt'- One thing I noticed with NYX is the shades never relate to the actual colour, the shade of this pencil is like a bronze champagne colour, nothing like yogurt! However that aside it's such a pretty colour and is so pigmented, it's perfect for both the waterline and eyelid. I also want to order this in 'Milk' which is a bright white as they didn't have it in stock when I was in Ricky's.

EOS Lip balm in Strawberry Sorbet- I've seen these everywhere and I know the Kardashian & Jenners are huge fans so I picked up the baby pink one. Its smells so nice and makes my lips feel so soft, it's definitely one of the best lip balms I've used and I think I prefer it more than my Maybelline Babylips!

Ardell Natural Demi Wispie Lashes- I'd heard about this again of Tar Mars Haul and she had purhcased these herself, they looked so natural and pretty I decided to pick some up myself. I'm so glad I did as they are very fluttery and pretty!


Also a quick thankyou to Skin and Co an Italian skincare company who stock at Henri Bendel, they very kindly sent me some samples of their Truffle Oil products, including a face serum, body lotion, body gel and anti ageing cream! They've made my skin feel so silky and smooth, thankyou very much! Check them out at https://www.skinandcoroma.com/

I hope you enjoyed this post and if you want me to write about the other things I bought in NYC comment below! 

16 comments:

  1. Thank you for your sweet comment!! I love all the stuff you got while in NYC! I love my Naked Palette and MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter Boost!!

    PS: I followed ya!

    Jen,
    http://thetickledglitter1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:17

    You got LOADS of cool stuff! Enjoy the smashbox primer, it's amazing!

    Sharlotte | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:38

    Great haul! I love the Benefit Porefessional!

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:21

    Ooh wow, you got so many great things! Love the sound of the NYX lip creams, you got such gorgeous colours too x

    Kathryn | effievanity

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome haul :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow so many amazing things, you've got me all excited for my trip there is summer!
    I cant wait to hit up sephora
    xx

    www.blueviolethearts.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous07:20

    Eep, what a nice haul, you got some amazing stuff! :-) I've been dying to try the Benefit Porefessional...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous08:19

    Wooow, such an amazing haul! :)
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woah what an AWESOME haul.
    Reallllllly need to go to America haha.

    Oh, I have a giveaway at the moment! Would love you to enter. Kelly from |Daydreams & Daisychains

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want all these goodies!! I love my naked 3 palette & you've now convinced me to buy the original! xx

    http://mehshake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow nice review ! I want naked too!

    theanotherpartofme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice haul , great items

    http://devsnochaos.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing haul!!! I have a few of the lip tars and I love them. I so want to go to NYC xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous21:16

    I love Ricky's! It's my go to for beauty products. NYX has really great products for super cheap. Do you have e.l.f. in the UK? That's a great store here too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my Gosh! Such a huge haul! :D
    http://yourclosetdiva.blogspot.in/
    How do I follow you via G+? I'd love to <3
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Did you know Next stores stock NYX Make-up now? They have pretty much everything so its great for swatching :)

    I love the look of your Myth Lipstick, I'm on the lookout for a new nude this one might have to be it :)

    Lizzy

    http://bettybeaut.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.