I want Morr Hairr!

Most people these days hear the word 'extensions' and are instantly put off due to the horror stories that they'll tear your hair out and leave you looking like a plucked chicken for the rest of your life, however let me tell you more about tape extensions, the method fresh from Australia thats revolutionising the way extensions are done. First of all, prior to having extensions I already did have long thick hair, however the ends were super wispy and split due to endless years of curling/straightening/general lack of care. My main goal was to thicken out my hair and add a slight bit of length, which is exactly what the girls at Morr Hairr did. I travelled to Manchester to see Eloise and Kitty who have moved to the UK from Aus and launched 'Morr Hairr'. In Australia tape extensions are pretty much the only extensions that people use as they're completely harmless to the real hair allowing it to grow naturally and healthy whilst disguised with extensions to thicken and lengthen the overall look. I suppose at first hearing the word 'tape' may be slightly daunting, I admit I was curious as to how the application actually worked. The stylists blend different shades to get the perfect colour match and then apply them to the natural hair with extreme precision to make sure the finish is completely even. The tape used is a medical tape, super strong however completely safe and is used to strongly secure the hair without leaving the adhesive on the natural hair when eventually removed/re-taped. 

My hair before, what the tapes look like and my current hair!
The whole application is super fast, my hair took around 40 minutes which is amazing compared to the hours others spend having extensions bonded. The tapes lay flat against the head which means there are absolutely no bumps and the extensions are completely undetectable in the hair. So many people have commented on how shocked they are that I have extensions in as they look so natural and real! The hair is 100% human and so soft, it also dries naturally in a really lovely wave. One thing to make sure of in terms of after care is to try use shampoo & conditioners that have no sulphate in as it could potentially weaken the tape and also to apply a serum or hair mask to keep them in perfect condition. I use my favourite argan oil from Hask which makes my hair so silky soft and knot free! The extensions need to be re-taped around 6-8 weeks after initial application , which basically means moved up as obviously your natural hair grows. The hair can also be re-taped up to 5 times so you completely get your moneys worth! These extensions are completely changing the way I previously thought of extensions in general and I couldn't love my new hair more! 

I cannot recommend Morr Hairr enough, Eloise and Kitty were honestly the loveliest girls ever and after 5 minutes with them you feel like you've known them forever! Kitty is based in Manchester and Eloise is based in London so they're easily accessible. Head over to the website here where you can check out prices and their social media to see their other clients! 

GET 10% OFF MORR HAIRR- Mention my name Sascha Driver or my blog On The Hughstreet when enquiring/booking with Morr Hairr and get 10% off!

Below are some of the ways I've styled my extensions, first just straight, second with my curling wand and third with my new toy from Lee Stafford the Chopstick Styler (Review coming soon!).


4 comments:

  1. Love the the last pic of it all very curly! Looks amazing :)

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I always wish I have more hair too but I haven't tried extension, the one you got looks gorgeous! :)
    xo, Jessie | Bear and Berries

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wearing extensions for far to long, but they are so addictive. These look great!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look amazing! I've never actually heard of this before, but definitely interested, especially if it isn't damaging to your hair

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.